Rapid Deployment Barrier
The deployment of our Big Bags USA ground-conforming systems is both simple and easy. No other system on the market is as versatile and user-friendly. Compare for yourself.
Big Bags USA’s protective flood barrier systems are ground-conforming and therefore have the ability to be deployed on terrain that is uneven or unleveled with negligible preparations. The protective flood barrier system is well suited for corner and curved deployments. The systems are stackable directly on top of each other two systems tall; for higher stacking, the pyramid method is advised. In environments that are unreachable with standard equipment, Big Bags USA flood barrier systems are liftable for safe and effective deployment using our spreader bar.
Necessary equipment for any deployment of the Big Bags USA barriers: Cordless screw guns and ¾”-1 1/2” wood or drywall screws to attach one system to another before filling. A few clamps can also be used with a minimum of two clamps on each side. When the bags are filled all the way, remove the clamps and connect the next system.
Heavy equipment that is normally used to fill the bags: Front-End Loaders, Skid Steers, Backhoes, Side Dump Trucks, Cement Trucks (with a slurry of sand and water), and Concrete Conveyor Belt Trucks.
Training and organization of labor are greatly reduced using the Big Bags USA barrier compared to conventional sandbags. Effectively utilizing a smaller unskilled labor force creates a larger margin in budgeting and mitigation compared to a conventional sandbag barrier.
Some Special considerations before you deploy Big Bags USA flood barrier should include:
- Projected water levels
- Elevation changes terrain
- Equipment necessary for deployment
- Available labor force
- Whether you will need a Spreader Bar
Big Bags USA Versatility
There is great versatility for the use of Big Bags USA flood barrier sandbags replacement systems in a variety of flood and water-control situations.
- Water retaining (blocking/stopping water in a given area).
- Levee reinforcement (adding height, blocking breaches, and weak areas).
- Water re-direction (quick, ease of water re-direction versus conventional sandbags).
- Sewer outlet plugging (Placing single Big Bags USA flood barrier directly atop sewer grates keeps sewage in the sewage system and stops overflow).
- Securing the perimeter of a building. Running a perimeter of Big Bags USA sandbags systems keeps damage minimized or eliminated and possibly allows the building to continue to be occupied.
- Protecting a utility or other sensitive area (Surrounding completely important utilities to any necessary height by stacking Big Bags USA flood barriers).
- Eliminate ‘piping’ and ‘boils’ (Ring the area where water is flowing underneath the levee or other sandbags flood barrier easily and quickly by dropping the appropriate amount of Big Bags USA flood barrier sandbags into position around the area or right on top of the area).
- Elevating a levee to prevent overtopping up to 6 feet higher in the narrow 3’ footprint of the sandbags.
- Direct flows between buildings (forming a canal with Big Bags USA flood barrier sandbags systems to keep water flowing past buildings).